Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Bunny Hat!

I have an FO*!



I knit up this hat a couple of months ago when I first purchased the book "Itty Bitty Hats". It is the Bunny Tail pattern. It knit up very quickly, I believe I was finished in about 3 days of off and on knitting, and all it required was a circular size 7 needle** and some 7 double points. I even used STASH YARN. The yarn is Plymouth Encore DK colorspun in a grey and pink and white colorway. Brian and I both bought some on one of our Smiley's yarn riot binges (where you buy yarn quite literally by the garbage bag full). I note that there is a yarn riot next week and I am so not going.

I believe I initially intended this yarn for socks. I double stranded the yarn which resulted in a really pleasant subtle color change. It took less than 2 skeins and I am pretty sure I still have more of this in the stash, so it may still end up being socks.



I was looking all over for the hat, since I had knit it with my cousin's baby Pahtoot in mind and she recently mentioned Pahtoot has outgrown most of her hats. I finally found it this weekend and wanted to add a face, so I made a couple of bobbles out of stash yarn for eyes (embroidered pupils) and a couple of bobbles for the nose and then a short three stitch i cord folded in half for the teeth. I hope I secured them well enough so that 14 month old Pahtoot can't rip off the bobbles.

Rusty was a reluctant knitwear model.



This is Pahtoot at 6 months in the arms of her momma, my cousin. She is sooooooo cute.



I bought a Tulip Cardigan kit and will be knitting it up for her.

In other news, I was extoling the virtues of Ravelry to Brian this weekend and he is now on the waiting list!!
Found you!

* You signed up on Yesterday
* You are #30899 on the list.
* 19406 people are ahead of you in line.
* 202 people are behind you in line.
* 36% of the list has been invited so far



*Finished Object
**At the time most of my Denise circulars were in use so I actually bought the required 7 circular (worth investing in because virtually all of the patterns in the book require that needle and I intend to knit many of those cute hats).

No comments: