Hello to you!! Well, we here at Totally Knitting are looking forward to the inspection and approval from the ringmaster for the Christian Knitters Community. In the meantime, I am greatly enjoying reading the various blogs that are members of the group. Here is a survey graciously provided by our Christian Sister at Knit Haven. Praise the Lord.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Sooner and I are both acrylic-core. I do love cashmere, though. But, as a rule, I try to keep knitting costs down as much as possible. Plus, machine washer and dryer safe, HELLO!! ;)
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
We both feel that the creation of flat knots is an inferior fiber art, but have recently begun to rethink our position, due to the influence of Dewey, the crocheter/crosssticher member of the Granny Girl Squad. Also, Kevin, the Man Crocheter of Flying Fingers Yarn Shop.
I heart sheep but do not spin. My landlord is very forgiving, but not forgiving enough to allow me to raise sheep in the front yard.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Just to people who do not accept Jesus Christ as their Personal Lord and Saviour.
4. How long have you been knitting?
I knitted last summer and back when I was 10, but I picked it up in November, shortly after Sooner did.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Naturally, and many knitting books reside thereon.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, and I remind Sooner herein that we were meaning to sample hershey's kisses with caramel recently.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Cook. Clean. Barefoot in the Kitchen Activities. Also, paper mache costumery.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I usually listen to Classic Country Duets and I also enjoy NPR, specifically Fresh Air. Sooner enjoys the above, but also listens to Air America more than I do, which makes him a better person. What's an MP3?
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Glitter. Sooner hearts red, blue, yellow and green. Those are "his colors". Not to be confused with "His colors", which are the rainbow--ALL colors.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Sooner: Victoria, Albert
Bevin: Haywood, Macy, Leroy, Kaia, Lily, Pepe
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Unlike Knitting Haven, I can't see Avon being my full-time gig just yet. I hope to go to library school in the fall to become an information professional. Right now I'm just a real estate lawyer. I'd love to go into sales, though.
Sooner and I have talked about opening a yarn store/coffee shop/law office/doggie day care in Jersey City. Maybe if we can get the capital together...
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Cashmerino. Sooner enjoys TLC Simply Soft
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
100% wool. Small price to pay for felted bags, though.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Dog or Jesus Intarsia. Sooner: Afghans, cabling, whathaveyou
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Dog sweaters, they are fast and cute.
17. What are you knitting right now?
See below post for what I have OTN. Sooner should also do such a post.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Too many people knit them and they don't look good on anyone.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
21. Are you a sock knitter?
February is the sock along.
22. How did you learn to knit?
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
5 weeks. Cow Pillow.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Jesus' Birthday and my birthday.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Marilyn Monroe purses, crosses, and other christians to knit with! ;)