Thursday, February 03, 2005

She completely hates the player most

Recall Brian's earlier correspondence with our fair Joan of Eugene, OR.

He received the following reply from Joan:

Sooner to me: I think she already hates the game and has totally moved on to players.

Joan to Sooner, quoting his email:

I am, as you know, just a boy.

Yeah, sure. Of course you are!
http://www.blogger.com/profile/2955310


As you may notice, Joan completely listed a link to Sooner's profile here on blogspot. We think she must have googled him. I mean, it's the only way she could have found Sooner's profile, since on the knitlist he goes by his Jesus-given name.

It is unclear from that email whether Joan was referring to Sooner's lack of "youth" or potentially calling into question his gender. I decided to clear up some of the confusion by sending her my own email.

Dearest Joan from Oregon:

I am Bevin, from the knitlist. You might remember me from such postings as "Does anyone have a baby doll pattern etc..." and "I wantto make many felted bags but not pay a lot of money for wool etc...".You may also have read my totally happening knitting blog, totallyknitting.blogspot.com.

I am Brian's (aka "The Boy Knitter of the Knitlist") blogging partnerand best knitting pal and partner in crime and whatnot. I spend a great deal of time with Brian and, let me assure you, he is all man.

I hope this clears up any confusion you might have had about the BoyKnitter of the Knitlist.

Sincerely,

Bevin
Jersey City, NJ

P.S. OTN* Ruffles, from Scarf Style, in light blue cashmerino; 3 heads of totally bumpin' Alien Illusion scarf from SnB** vol. 1 in green andblack acrylic mill ends; my constant companion felted bag in lamb'spride worsted red & black from http://www.knitkit.com/MyConstantCompanion.htm; Skull wristbands in pink and olive fingering weight merino; Cabled Chihuahua sweater pattern of my own design in Lion Brand thick and quick Wheat.

*On the Needles
**Stich n Bitch

It is unclear whether Joan responds to everyone on the knitlist with a sense of humor. I was delighted to receive the following reply from Joan less than 3 hours later. (Again, she quotes my correspondence unto her.)

You might remember me from such
postings as "Does anyone have a baby doll pattern etc..." and "I want
to make many felted bags but not pay a lot of money for wool etc...".

Yeah, that totally really rings a bell...........(snort)

You may also have read my totally happening knitting blog, totallyknitting.blogspot.com

Sorry, I haven't spent much time checking out blogs. I have an older computer and a dial-up connection so downloading takes lots of time. When I can retire in a few years, then there might be time.

............. let me assure you, he is all man.

That was my point.

I hope this clears up any confusion you might have had about the Boy Knitter of the Knitlist.

I had no confusion. It was the pretense to being a teenager that annoyedme. Why the sham?
One can be a knitter, and a funny one at that, withoutthe cloyness. It's obvious that you have/he has writing talent. Turn it togood use and you'll have way more listers fawning over you than with thecutsie pie stuff. Unless your goal was to turn 'em off.

Sincerely,

Bevin
Jersey City, NJ

Likewise, I'm sure
-JoanEugene, OR

I would just like to point out that Brian got OVER 45 responses to his sock question. OVER 45 in 2 days, and all but a very few mentioned how much they enjoyed his post. HELLO! Earth to Curmudgeons, Joan may be your spokesperson but there is definitely a sock-making cutsie pie loving subculture on the knitlist. Welcome friends.

No comments: